Doncaster Mind HIU Service
A Crisis Alternatives Alliance Commissioned Service
Doncaster Mind HIU service is a service commissioned by the ICB (Integrated Care Board) in collaboration with organisations across Doncaster. It provides coaching support to people who access emergency services more frequently than is typically expected - those who access A&E, NHS 111, GP and crisis services for immediate mental health support and wellbeing needs.
How we work
The HIU (high intensity use service) works with individuals who show a reliance on emergency services. Our team takes a coaching approach to support so individuals can learn self-help and regulating strategies and connect with community based services to support individuals .
We identify and access a plan of care tailored to individual needs. This may include thinking about:
- Ways to manage mental health
- Thinking about physical health and wellbeing needs
- Reflecting on living skills
- Understanding the importance of friends & community
- Time management
- Exploring the importance of relationships
- Working to combat addictive behaviour
- Reflecting on home life
- Exploring identity and self esteem
- Nurturing trust and hope in the future
We have a named person who takes the lead with each of our clients - delivering person centred coaching and support which results in increased quality of life for the individual and decreases or prevents the need to rely on emergency services.
The HIU service only works with individuals identified by DRI A&E as needing support due to the number of attendances registered at any given time.