12th January 2022 - 2nd February 2022, 11:00 - 1:00
Posted: 6th October 2021
Day 2 - #ChooseDay - With you in Mind!
Day 2 of the “With You in Mind” Campaign to celebrate World Mental Health Day!
Today we are going to focus on choice and the importance of this and how you could choose to support Doncaster Mind in various different ways.
By having choice it:
- Helps you feel in control
- Feeling empowered and making a difference
- Builds confidence
- Gives a sense of value
- Develops responsibility taking
- Fosters creativity
- Develops problem solving skills
- Helping someone who feels alone
- Being part of a movement that values good mental health
At Doncaster Mind we encourage people to be in control of their choice and we are there to support whatever choice is made. Sometimes picking up the phone, sending that email or walking through the door is the hardest choice to make but at Doncaster Mind we know how important that decision is.
Please see our document called "Day 2 - Why ChooseDay" giving you examples of choices you can make at Doncaster Mind or ways for you to support us, feel free to share this document with your colleagues or loved ones.
For other options within Doncaster Mind please see the information below:
- General Doncaster Mind Leaflet
- Wellbeing Programme - An opportunity for you to see some of the groups, courses and activities that we run here at Doncaster Mind, this could be for yourself or to find out what services are available to recommend or share with people you know
Day 2 of the mindfulness video see here
- See below quotes from some of our volunteers of their experiences
- Video on why choose our training
If you have any questions or would like further support you can send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact page.
Happy ChooseDay! - Here are some quotes by our volunteers